Monday, February 27, 2006

Just Love this!

This poem is a gift from a mother to her son for his birthday. Got this from epinions. Its so simple, yet conveys so much of emotion.

You came into my life so long ago
I counted your fingers
And your little toes.

Your first smile at me
Truly captured my heart

Our bond had been sealed I
t was only the start.

Your first steps amazed me

You were wanting to run
With sparkling bright eyes
You were looking for fun.

Your first words were like music
They sounded so sweet
And when you said "MaMa"
I felt so complete.

Your first days in school
Were frightening, no doubt
It didn't take long, though
Your talents soon were sought out.

Your first competition
In Geometry, no less!
You brought home the gold
Proving you're simply the best.

Your first try at typing
Your fingers showed what they could do
You became the State Champion
Not just one year, but two!!

Your first job brought money
and your very first car
It was old and it rattled
But it took you so far.

Your first love is music
With the joy that it brings
And I proudly tell people
"You should hear when Tim sings!"

You're first in my heart
As you always have been,
With hugs and with kisses
Happy Birthday, Tim!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home