Sunday, February 26, 2006

Life through the eyes of Tor(toise-in-tar)ams

Thrown in an unknown territory, with danger lurking around,
My natural instincts tell me not to fall as a prey.
All I can see are humans on this ground,
I hope I am not a bait, and this is what I pray

Take one step, sit tight, take another step, sit tight
This is my strategy, hoping not to catch anybody's sight
Moving ahead with a desperate fight
To the corner of the street, my shelter for tonight.

But before I can take any step, all my efforts are in vain
As I find myself lifted off the terrain,
By humans in a group a four,
To make this night even more sore

Made blindfold and thrown in a sack,
I try to wallow to find a crack.
But my strengths sag, as I try to break the seal,
My only choice, to not to end up in someone's meal.

As I see my efforts nullify,
I sense my fate, is to die.
I wanna let out a huge cry
And ask God, Why!

This journey to the gallows says,
To live a life there are many ways,
If not in real, at least in dreams,
So I dream to taste a life flavored by so many creams.

I dream of plants, I dream of springs,
I dream of endless harmony, that this wonderland brings
What a utopia!
Anything you want....Is in cornucopia!

At last
The seal is opened, and my dreams broken.
As I open my eyes, completely shaken
I don't see the gallows but I see grass!
Wait a sec!, I know this place...This is IIT Madras!

What a utopia!
Anything you want....Is indeed here in cornucopia

1 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger Chumma said...

nice poetry machi !!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home